Thursday 15 February 2018

Spotted Sandpiper in Notts...

On Sunday, me and my dad left home towards Norfolk where we planned to have a couple of days birding and hopefully pick up a couple of new birds for me. On the way down however, we stopped at Holme Pierrepont in Nottinghamshire where a Spotted Sandpiper had been showing recently. It took four hours but eventually it did arrive at its favored white water rafting course and showed really well. I took plenty of photos, with mixed results, but the best are shown below.

There was also a very confiding Long-tailed Duck there but I have not had time to go through my photos of this yet so these will be in another post...















Spotted Sandpiper - the wing bar was a little bit bigger than we were expecting, but importantly, it does not reach the body as on Common Sandpiper.

No comments:

Post a Comment