Monday 28 December 2020

Autumn highlights from East Anglia - Part 1

Here is a selection of photos from the first part of my birding in and around Norfolk over the autumn (in roughly chronological order). With so many good birds around and lots of uni work to do, I struggled to find much time to post my photos on my blog. Instead I’m going to try and sum it up over three posts in the next few days...


 
One of two Red-backed Shrikes at Waxham in September.

A flyby from 9 Cattle Egrets on the marshes at Burnham Overy. One darker-billed juvenile can be seen in this image.

The first of two Lesser Yellowlegs during the autumn giving a nice flyby at Runham Mill.

A Red-breasted Flycatcher along the south side of The Dell at Wells Woods.

One of a group of five Yellow-browed Warblers together in Holkham Pines.

Juvenile Purple Heron in a tree at Ormesby Little Broad.



Brown Shrike at Warham Greens. I had better views than the photos suggest and it was one of my highlights of the autumn.

There were good numbers of Lapland Buntings on the Norfolk coast with this showy individual being on Blakeney Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment