Saturday 20 August 2016

More Curlew Sands...

Holy Island was our first stop this morning though it was very quiet with just a single Pied Flycatcher and 8 Willow Warblers, so we headed to Druridge Pools.

As soon as we arrived in the Budge Screen it started pouring down although the birds more than made up for the miserable weather. There were 9 Curlew Sandpipers which included an adult in mostly winter plumage as well as 2 Little Stints, 20+ Ruff, 8 Black-tailed Godwit, a Common Sandpiper and a Yellow Wagtail. 6 Knot also made a brief appearance. We're really enjoying having so many waders here.

Pied Flycatcher

2 comments:

  1. I knew the Budge Field had to come up trumps with all that glorious mud. Ironical that you had more around Druridge than Holy Island !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonny,
    I follow your blog by receiving information via NetworkedBlogs, but have recently found a quicker way by putting the Blogger icon on my favourite bar. In the case of 'Gateshead and beyond' and 'Killy Birder' the icon information emboldens on each new post (I think I might have right-clicked and ticked 'Bold on update). I cannot seem to achieve the same result with your blog - there was no option when I right clicked. Any suggestions? Incidentally, keep up the excellent work!
    IanT

    ReplyDelete